Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service applies to stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a web hosting server run by a web hosting supplier. There are various types of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's take a gaze at them. Thus, you can determine what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to build a weblog, e-mail addresses, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by particular firms, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages are frequently supported by displaying adverts next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a particular interval of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally unsuitable explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allot the tasks at hand between different bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various site hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given providers offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting type is good if you wish to share a large number of pics with chums or associates since the solution is commonly free of charge. You will get a random link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to tackling your electronic mail accounts. Some distributors offer web hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an email service. If you wish to launch a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can open mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to operate as many videos as you desire without hassling about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to possess a site. To a certain degree, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and email addresses, upload videos, and so on. At Exclusive Hosting, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in one location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse compared to the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific content only.